Caught with Valium tablets

Have you been charged for possession of controlled drugs for sale or supply? Calls us Now on 018724717 or 0868257176 to represent you. Under the legislation, it is an offence to be in possession of a controlled drug with the intention of selling it illegally. Anyone found guilty of this offence is liable to a class C fine on summary conviction in a District Court. If the court decides, he or she could be subject to a fine and a prison term not exceeding 12 months. On conviction on indictment for this offence, the court can decide on an appropriate fine. The court can also impose a life sentence for this offence if it decides it is necessary. However, lesser sentences can also be imposed, either with a fine or alone. Where the market value of the drugs is €13,000 or more, the person convicted is liable for a minimum sentence of 10 years. This does not apply, however, where the court is satisfied there are exceptional circumstances. Similar penalties apply to someone convicted of importing drugs with a value of €13,000 or more. Anyone found guilty of supplying or attempting to supply a controlled drug into a prison, children detention school or remand centre can receive a class B fine on summary conviction or a prison term not exceeding 12 months or both. On conviction on indictment, the court can impose an appropriate fine or a maximum prison term of 10 years or both. Under the Criminal Justice (Psychoactive Substances) Act 2010 it is an offence to sell or supply for human consumption substances which are not specifically proscribed under the Misuse of Drugs Acts, but which have psychoactive effects. Anyone found guilty of such an offence is liable for a class A fine on summary conviction or imprisoned for a term not exceeding 12 months or both. On conviction on indictment they can be fined or imprisoned for a term not exceeding 5 years or both.

Call us today on 018724717 or 0868257176

Unlawful arrest and detention

Have you been unlawfully arrested? Call us today on 018724717 or 0868257176 to represent you. If you have been unlawfully arrested, evidence obtained as a result of that arrest will be inadmissible. For example, if you were mistakenly told by a Garda that you were being arrested under the wrong section of the Road Traffic Act, the arrest and the blood sample taken would be unlawful. The blood sample would not be admissible as evidence. Evidence obtained while you are unlawfully detained has also been unlawfully obtained and will be inadmissible. For example, if you have been in custody for longer than the maximum period allowed and you make a confession, that confession will not be admissible in evidence against you. Evidence obtained in breach of your right to reasonable access to a lawyer is also inadmissible as evidence against you. For example, if you request a lawyer and your request is refused, any statements you make to the police will be inadmissible as evidence against you.

Call us today on 018724717 or 0868257176

Personal injuries assessment, formerly known as the Personal Injuries Assessment Board (PIAB), is an independent statutory body set up under the Personal Injuries Assessment Board Act 2003. All personal injury claims in Ireland (except for cases involving medical negligence) must be submitted to The Board provides an independent assessment of personal injury claims for compensation following road traffic, workplace or public liability accidents. Where the person responsible (the respondent) does not consent to assessing your claim for compensation, will allow you to pursue your claim through the courts. Claims are assessed on average within 7 months of the respondent consenting. Personal injury claims through litigation (that is, the courts) can take up to 36 months (3 years). Claims are assessed using the medical evidence you provide from your doctor and, if necessary, a report provided by an independent doctor appointed by The assessment of the damages due is made having regard to the particular injuries you sustained and your circumstances. Guideline amounts for compensation in respect of particular injuries are set out in the Book of Quantum  which was prepared for the Board in 2004. An online version known as the Estimator  are available on the Board's website. If the respondent does not agree to an assessment by or if either side rejects the Board’s award, the matter can then be referred to the courts. From 1 August 2014, under the Recovery of Certain Benefits and Assistance Scheme the Department of Social Protection can recover the value of certain illness-related social welfare payments from compensation awards. The benefits are recovered from the compensator and not from the injured person. How to apply? To make a personal injury claim for compensation you can: The following documentation is required for you to complete your application:
  • A completed Application Form (Form A) (pdf) which can be submitted online or by post.
  • A Medical Assessment Form (Form B) (pdf) completed by your treating doctor. This can be submitted by you online or by post.
  • Payment of €45. This can be paid by telephone using a credit or debit card. They can also be used online if you are submitting your application online. Alternatively, you can send a cheque or postal order, payable to, by post.
You should also provide receipts for any financial loss that you have incurred as a result of the accident, together with any other documentation you may consider relevant to your claim. If making an application on behalf of child (someone under age 18) or on behalf of someone who has been fatally injured, you must make the application by post. Also, you must use a Fatal Accident Application Form (Form A) (pdf) when claiming for someone fatally injured.

Careless driving

Have you been charged for Careless Driving in Ireland? Call us now on 018724717 or 0868257176 to represent you. Section 52 of the Road Traffic Act 1961.—(1) A person shall not drive a vehicle in a public place without due care and attention, or without reasonable consideration for other persons using the place. (2) A person who contravenes subsection (1) of this section shall be guilty of an offence.  

Call us today on 018724717 or 0868257176

2 pages