Behaviour order certificate

If your child (under age 18) is the subject of any court proceedings relating to a behaviour order you may be able to apply for a legal aid (behaviour order) certificate. The alleged anti-social behaviour must be considered to be of a serious nature or there must be exceptional circumstances.

If a certificate is granted, your child is entitled to a solicitor for:

  • An application by the Gardaí for a behaviour order
  • An application by you or your child to vary or discharge a behaviour order

You child is entitled to a solicitor and a barrister (if considered appropriate) for:

  • An appeal by you or your child against the making of a behaviour order
  • Any proceedings in the High Court, Court of Appeal or Supreme Court which result from the application for or the appeal against a behaviour order