Civil order certificate

If you are the subject of any court proceedings relating to a civil order you may be able to apply for a legal aid (civil order) certificate. The alleged anti-social behaviour must be considered to be of a serious nature or there must be exceptional circumstances.

If a certificate is granted, you are entitled to a solicitor for:

  • An application by the Gardaí for a civil order
  • An application by you to vary or discharge a civil order

You are entitled to a solicitor and a barrister (if considered appropriate) for:

  • An appeal by you against the making of a civil order
  • Any proceedings in the High Court, Court of Appeal or Supreme Court which result from the application for or the appeal against a civil order