All employers have duties under law towards the employees regarding their health and safety within the workplace. These duties arise from the health and safety legislation amongst other sources.
Duties imposed on employers include:
- Provide and maintain a safe workplace which uses safe plant and equipment
- Prevent risks from use of any article or substance and from exposure to physical agents, noise and vibration
- Prevent any improper conduct or behaviour likely to put the safety, health and welfare of employees at risk
- Provide instruction and training to employees on health and safety
- Provide protective clothing and equipment to employees
- Appointing a competent person as the organisation’s Safety Officer
If you have a query regarding a health and safety in the work place, are an employer seeking advice regarding health and safety issues or if you have a general employment law enquiry; contact us to arrange a consultation.