Monitoring order certificate

If you are subject to a monitoring order and intend applying to the courts to have it varied or revoked, you may be able to apply for a legal aid (monitoring order) certificate. The conditions specified in the monitoring order must be of such a nature or the circumstances so exceptional that the court feels legal aid should be granted in the interests of justice.

This certificate entitles you to the services of a solicitor and, if considered appropriate by the court, a barrister.