Trial on indictment certificate

If you are sent forward from the District Court for trial at the Circuit Court or the Central Criminal Court you can apply for a legal aid certificate. This application can be made to the District Court when the District Court is sending you forward for trial or, it can be made to the court before which you are to be dealt with. You must be charged with murder or it must appear to the court that, in the interest of justice, you should have legal aid to assist you in the preparation and defence of your case. This certificate will entitle you to both a solicitor and barrister.